Apple Cider Vinegar (aka ACV) has been used for generations and has been credited with curing everything from the flu to even acne. Below are five ways you can use Apple Cider Vinegar to heal and soothe ailments you may be facing now or in the future.
1. Soothe your painful sunburn! Although Apple Cider Vinegar should not be put directly onto skin, it can be added to a bath to soothe sunburned skin. Simply add 1 cup of ACV to your bath and soak for 10 minutes.
2. Soothe that pesky sore throat! Used traditionally as a germ fighter, the acid in Apple Cider Vinegar helps restore natural pH balance, which will aid in healing your sore throat quickly. Want an extra punch? Try Gargle Away! Not only does Gargle Away include ACV, it also has six other all-natural healing ingredients that help support and relieve sore throat and laryngitis fast!
3. Prevent stomach illness. Simply mix two teaspoons of ACV into a glass of water and drink daily. In this situation, the ACV works by changing the pH in the intestinal tract into an alkaline environment. The reason why this is effective is because viruses do not thrive in an alkaline environment, they prefer an acidic state.
4. Make your hair shine! Believe it or not ACV can dramatically add shine to your dull mane. Add ½ tablespoon of ACV to a cup of cold water and pour the solution through your hair after shampooing. Do this several times a week and enjoy the dramatic results!
5. Relieve a migraine. Migraines can certainly put a damper on anyone’s day. Relieve them naturally with this easy to make ACV remedy: Mix 1 tablespoon of ACV with honey (to taste) in an 8 ounce glass of water (we suggest hot water). Drink the solution down two or three times a day to help relieve your pounding head.
Our friends at Cooking Detective also go in-depth on the benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar. Read their latest write-up here.