SUMMER VACAY IS NEAR - 6 HEALTHY TRAVEL TIPS
Regardless of why you are traveling there is one thing all travelers have in common. The desire to stay healthy while traveling for an enjoyable and productive trip. Here are 6 tips to keep you in healthy tip top shape!
- Get enough sleep. A few hours of lost sleep combined with travel can drastically effect your mental and physical performance. What’s more, your immunity system! Make sure to get at least 7-8 hours of sleep during the night while traveling to boost your immunity and have you at your best.
- Maintain a safe distance. Germs are known to travel up to six feet in distance. If you notice someone that is coughing, sneezing or looks ill, stay at least six feet away. Germs can easily be passed from one another while in a public location.
- Practice consistent good hygiene. Many people don’t prioritize good hygiene when traveling because they are too focused on all the other stressful elements of traveling. Good hygiene however is critical to staying healthy – and so easy to do. Wash your hands regularly. Most colds and sore throats are viral/bacterial – easy to contract if you come in contact with it and don’t wash your hands. Carry a sanitizer with you and make it a routine to disinfect your folding tray in the plane, arm rest, and visual display buttons.
- Stay hydrated and don’t forget to eat. Staying hydrated throughout your entire trip is essential. Flus, colds and sore throats are very often a consequence of not consuming enough liquids, so make sure to drink the recommended amount of 8 cups of water per day. Also, be mindful of eating your meals on time. Skipping meals depletes your energy, makes you cranky, weakens your immune system. Eat a meal before take off or bring some light snacks with you to nosh on while on the plane.
- Prepare for best throat care. Sore throats seem to be more prevalent when traveling. Either from extreme temperature fluctuations, or abundance of bacteria from thousands of travelers. The moment you feel that sore, itchy, scratchy, dry, irritated feeling that you just know is the start of a wretched sore throat gargle with Gargle Away® by Nature’s Jeannie™ Pack some Gargle Away® packets in your carry-on bag for the most comprehensive and effective throat care on demand. Provides fast pain relief, reduces bacteria by 99.9%, restores the natural pH balance for normal throat health, highly soothing and more! Super convenient, simply mix contents of packet with ½ cup of hot water and gargle. Bonus: All-natural and gluten free. Available at Amazon.com, Wegmans Food Markets, Gelson’s, Wamart Supercenters, Discount Drug Mart, Harris Teeter, Giant Carlisle, HEB, Giant Landover and other select retailers.
- Stay warm! They say, the neck and feet are the passage to contracting colds. Perhaps an old wives tale, but many healthcare practitioners agree. Keep those areas warm by being prepared for the what-ifs. Have an extra pair of socks and jacket in your carry-on baggage for that unexpected flight cancellation that has you parked in a cold airport; or sudden cold flight that has your toes icy or back chilled where it is uncomfortable. Aren't dressed right and you are out of luck on a jacket? Consider a hottie-tottie or hot tea to get that warmth in your bones.
AND finally, enjoy the ride! With all this preventative hoop-la on staying healthy, don’t forget to be in the moment and have fun too! Enjoy your excursion 100% healthy to and from.
Safe and healthy travels!