For generations there have been home remedies to prevent and treat many illnesses. Here are our top five favorite home remedies that support wellness and keep you healthy all year long.
- Chicken Soup– Mom’s chicken soup recipe has kept you soothed during that pesky flu season, but did you know the benefits beyond its’ tastiness? Experts have found that chicken soup actually eases cold symptoms! Research has suggested the ingredients in chicken bouillon slow white blood cells from gathering in the lungs, therefore slowing the progress of irritating side effects, like coughing, sneezing, and a stuffy nose.
- Gargling with Salt Water– The old-time recipe of warm water and table salt to help ease that horrible sore throat has been passed around for generations. While gargling with plain salt water will help some, there is a new improved gargle recipe that will help significantly more! Try gargling with Gargle Away® The most comprehensive all-natural throat care remedy for sore throat, laryngitis and vocal healing. This recipe includes Himalayan Salt, Apple Cider Vinegar, Mediterranean Oregano, Licorice Root, Lemon, Honey, and Cayenne Pepper sourced from indigenous regions for greatest healing. This powerful blend of antibacterial and highly soothing ingredients relieve pain fast, quickly soothe, reduce bacteria by 99.9%, loosen mucus, decrease inflammation, and restore natural pH balance to support normal throat health. Your sore throat will feel better in no time!
- Drink Lots of Liquids– Staying hydrated is absolutely key to staying healthy and getting better while ill. Your body depends on water to survive. It’s recommended to drink 6-8 eight-ounce glasses of water per day. Drink up!
- Bundling Up– This might be pretty obvious, but when it’s cold outside make sure to bundle up! It’s important to wear extra layers of clothing during cold weather to help maintain your body temperature and minimize the risk of catching a cold.
- Eating Super Foods– Foods like Acai, Blueberries, Salmon and Eggs will not only help your body stay fit and healthy, they’ll also give you the nutrients you need to fight off illness and infection.
With cough, cold and flu season right around the corner it’s important to take preventive actions to stay as healthy as possible. Following some of these simple steps will help.